Ice Cream for Breakfast | Recipe
Saturday, February 6th is National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast day! (Yes, we’re just as shocked as you) But we’re also not complaining. We searched one of our favorite sites…Pinterest of course…and found a recipe that satisfies our taste buds. And if you don’t make it for tomorrow’s breakfast, maybe you’ll serve it at your bridal shower or your wedding reception for an end of the night treat!
Blackberry Lavender Chevre Ice Cream
- 1½ cups Whole Milk, divided
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 ounces Goats Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1½ Cups Blackberries, pureed and run through a fine-mesh sieve
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil(food grade)
- Place 1 cup of whole milk, 1 cup of sugar and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring just to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Pour in ¼ of the hot milk, whisking constantly to temper the egg yolk. Pour the egg yolks into the pan of milk and whisk until combined. Bring just to a boil over medium/high heat, whisking constantly. As soon as mixture thickens, remove from heat.
- Add the goats cheese and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour in the remaining ½ cup milk, cream, blackberry puree, honey, vanilla, and lavender oil. Stir until combined.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. When frozen, scoop into a freezer safe container and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping.
You can find the original blog post from The Kitchen McCabe HERE
Now…what’s for lunch?